Friday, November 27, 2015

I Attended HID Awolowo's Burial Because She Earned It- PMB

President Muhammadu Buhari has revealed the real reason behind his attendance of the funeral ceremony of Chief (Mrs) HID Awolowo a day after his arrival from Iran, Daily Trust reports.
The president, who spoke at the funeral ceremony in Ikenne, Ogun state on Wednesday, November 25, 2015, informed that he attended the final funeral rites of the matriarch because she “earned” it.

After signing the condolence register in honour of the deceased, President Buhari explained that while Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the late husband of the deceased, was all over the country and the world, his wife was effectively managing the family.
President Muhammadu Buhari at the funeral ceremony today
President Muhammadu Buhari at the funeral ceremony

He said: “Let me appreciate those who have come to participate in this ceremony. When I was in the car, I discussed with the governor of Ogun State the Late Mrs. Awolowo and all the nation is doing for her.“While chief (Obafemi Awolowo) was all over the country and the world, she was effectively managing the family. So, she earned this. May her soul rest in perfect peace.


“And for you that have, for weeks, been gathering friends, associates and facing all the logistics problems, day and night, I congratulate you for a very successful burial of the Late Mrs Awolowo.
“I came back last (Tuesday) evening from Iran and I had to make sure I do not miss the last rites for Mrs. Awolowo because she earned it. This is the third time I have been here, and I hope the family will try and continue to hold together as they have been doing.”



Meanwhile, the  General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has said that he has no doubt that the late Yeye Odua is in heaven, judging by the kind of life she led and his conversation with her before her death.

No comments:

Post a Comment