Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Good Deed Was Turned Into A Racist Joke

A young man in London tried to do a good deed for a passer-by but was subjected to racism in response.
A young rapper has revealed the shocking moment he tried to return a woman’s dropped £10 note (N2,990 in equivalent) only to be told “sorry, I’m not into black boys!”

Joe Christie, 23, was walking along the street in Streatham, south London, when he noticed the cash fall out of the woman’s jacket pocket.

“I was about seven or eight metres behind this woman. I had my headphones in and whatnot, and she dropped some money out of her pocket,” he said.

“I chased after her and said ‘excuse me, love’, but before I managed to get my second sentence out, she said, ‘sorry, I’m not into black boys’, and walked off.”

Christie decided to make the most of his unexpected windfall on Saturday afternoon by spending £2.95 (N882 in equivalent) of it on chicken and chips.

He said he was surprised at her blunt response – because she “wasn’t fit”.
“I think she maybe thought I was hitting on her. I could have stood there and tried to make a scene,” he said.

“But London is a fast-moving place – I didn’t want to chase her down the street. I wasn’t really that shocked, because people have said worse. I was just (thinking) you just bought my lunch.”

Joe wrote about the ordeal on Facebook on Saturday and the post has since gone viral, receiving more than 130,000 likes and 6,000 shares.

Rather than being upset, he said he found the whole incident amusing.

He admitted: “It’s not the worst she could have said in terms of the racist aspect of it. Really it’s comedy gold – I wish there had been someone there to fil


CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE HOMEPAGE

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK                                                    FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
 

No comments:

Post a Comment